WORK WORK WORK OWRK OWRK ORWKO RKOR WKW KRW Annex

Get Wacky!
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

Mirah the builder!
"I want to shower you in sugar lumps and take you to the horse dentist."- CaptainWacky

"If you see something, say nothing, and drink to forget."-Welcome to Night Vale
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

Eggs Loki wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:55 pm Hoping for an ice cream shop as a third option? :yes:
This is where if I had a blog about all my jobs I would point to blog post #31 as in Bakin Robbins 31 flavors (ice cream chain over here-are they everywhere?)

I got hired over the phone and fired over the phone. I think I worked 2 or 3 shifts, they said they watched me in the cameras and that I looked bored and that I didn't put the spoons in the display the proper way.
wtf
really they were waiting for a previous employee to return from college and when she came back is why I heard they let me go. And of course I was bored LOL, but I was still willing to work there-because Ice Cream.
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

Does anybody not look bored in a Baskin Robbins?
"I want to shower you in sugar lumps and take you to the horse dentist."- CaptainWacky

Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

4 more hrs to go.

I'm already sick of people.

Mirah

Post by Mirah »

I get that also.
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

I think I need to dial it back a bit, but I don't know how. Except to just do my job, and not worry about those around me, unless there is a safety issue.

My mom was the same way. She used to complain about "all of the idiots that she worked with" I always thought it was amazing that she never worked w/ smart people like her. : )
I later have learned I have the same trait as her-I like to do a good job, and get annoyed when others don't. Apparently I think it is my job to point out when others don't do thier jobs. But I am not a manager anymore-so it really isn't my job to do that. And if the managers aren't noticing or caring (for lack of better word) why should I?

What I don't know what to do is when there are 2 of us in the office-one who doesn't like to work and then there I am trying to finish all of the tasks of the day, and not getting a lot of help.
Do I
A. Just do my job and not worry about the other person? (I usually choose this route)
or
B. Join this person in fun making-listening to music, doing other tasks that don't mean much

Is it dumb for me to be so serious in my job? Do I need to loosen up?

She comes in and does a grocery order-ignores emails while I am trying to listen to 16 voicemails. I have to just do my job and not worry about it.
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Post by Eggs Loki »

Maybe she feels free to do nothing since she assumes you'll do everything anyway?

Maybe if you slow down your pace, and ask her to check little tasks like, "Can you check that email?" or whatever (I know nothing), maybe she's quicken her pace little by little?

You care a lot. People can either appreciate that, or feel they can treat you like a sucker for it. Or, some of them are just so wrapped up in themselves that they don't even realize how selfish they are.

I'm no expert, I'm just babbling because the BB LIVE FEEDS STILL HAVEN'T COME BACK DAMMIT! WHO WON HEAD OF HOUSEHOLD! dfsfasd;klfjas;dklf

:lol:
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

They scheduled work training for tomorrow after we close (5 PM on Saturday's). So basically the whole day is a waste.

Mirah

Post by Mirah »

That sucks!!!!

@Eggs good ideas! Thanks!

Funny thing is the office manager even complained about her today, so it made me feel better.
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

We got an email today about and end of season party. Great. Cool.
AND THEN the writer of the email said, "AND it would be super cool to give our bosses something way cool to show our appreciation also!"
Okay.....I'm listening, like a piece of pizza ornice steak or green beans or something like that right?
No.
Like a $3,500 chance to take a flight on a P51 Mustang airplane. Three thousand, five hundred dollars. AND she is going to put a jar in the offices so we can start saving towards that fund.

Three thousand Five Hundred dollars.

I don't have medical
I don't have a year round job
I am no longer working on the boats and get little overtime and not as many tips anymore. The economy sucks and they want us to give our bosses, the owners something like this?

I am grateful, but also, get fucking real people.
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

$3,500 divided by all of the employees is just over $200 per person.

Say I missed some people, it could be just under $200.

But also say I only divided $3,500 by people in the company that aren't married to or a relative of someone else, that # is 9 then its $388 per those 9 people.

5 people that work there are related to one of the owners-the mother in law, triplets who are just 16 and a nephew. Other workers are related to the other owner and if they aren't related other workers have several family members that are employed, including boyfriends, husbands etc etc

My head hurts after trying to figure out the math on this thing.
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

Wait, wtf?!

First off they should not even be asking employees to get the bosses anything. Sounds possibly illegal.

Then to make the prize that, it's just ridiculous.

People should not put in anything, or monopoly $, if you can get away with it.

Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

You should run this by the labor department.

Mirah

Post by Mirah »

Yep, I think the people that sent the email do not know laws relating to such things. I have a feeling the owners wouldn't even be happy with it.
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

They had better not be happy about it. Are you going to tell them?

Mirah

Post by Mirah »

I'm going to see what the response is in the office tomorrow. I am sure they will find out one way or another.
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

I hope the response is "go fuck yourselves".

Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Post by Eggs Loki »

It's ridiculous to expect employees to kick in so much money. If it's a family operation they can lose sight of what it's like to work there if you're NOT in the family...
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

Like how out of touch can the people who's idea this was be?

Somebody should hide all the jars.