WORK WORK WORK OWRK OWRK ORWKO RKOR WKW KRW Annex

Get Wacky!
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

Or across the plank! :D

Me: Is this the blah blah blah account for blah blah blah client?
Coworker: Remember when I showed you this last week?
Me: No, that is why I am asking you now.

I think I need a better response to that however! I have had 2 coworkers do this-one from previous job, one from current job. I think it is just thier way of trying to say, "I Told you this once last week during the really brief training and I expect you to remember it all"

:D
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

Well now i think I am just annoying the poor gal.
I sent a message clarifying what my next step was on an open ticket
and she sends me back a message in all caps.
Wonderful.
Just wonderful.
Made me want to stop talking to her for a minute. Then I had another question. Fuck. So I paused. But then I just dove right back in.
I don't know what is wrong w/ people today that they can't train someone on something or that they expect them to remember it right away-and of course there are no help guides or manuals to this. So I take my own notes and write everything down the best I can to learn it.
SHEEESH PEOPLE!
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

2 more hours to go…
"I want to shower you in sugar lumps and take you to the horse dentist."- CaptainWacky

"If you see something, say nothing, and drink to forget."-Welcome to Night Vale
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

I feel like I am going to regret not taking more advantage of the place I am at now. I mean maybe I could have taken more of an effort to learn more-but I really don't do well when left on my own. I hate that, but that is how I am-not that I can't work on my own-but when I am still in training and unsure I don't just jump in. But also-there are countless emails that haven't been responded to-it has been a frustrating experience for sure. I guess I wish I got more out of it.
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

Oh my gosh
I am so nervous
I just wrote the email that I will either send to my boss or say in person if she is avail on the phone.
People change jobs all the time
Why do i have to make it such a big deal?
Ugh.
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

Conversation went well.
But also-always confusing.
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

I realized that I waste my time by working 2 jobs or trying to work multiple jobs, when I could have been paid overtime at just 1 job! Also I need to focus on getting a job that is year round with benefits.

I mean I know I knew these things before-but it kind of came to me as I looked at both of my paystubs that came in this week. It just felt like a waste.

ALSO this is the first week I don't have to creat social media posts and I realized how much of a relief that is. Whew.
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

My 2nd boss didn't understand when we had a phone conversation that I was trying to quit by the end of this month. I thought she did and then by the end of the conversation it was apparent that there was not understanding. Ugh.
So I went to my 1st boss and asked if I had any wiggle room and he said yes for this month but not June.
So this time I wrote my 2nd boss an email explaining that i had exactly 5-10 hours of wiggle room per week this month, but would not be available past June.

She didn't respond all day and finally at 8 something I get a couple of texts where she is trying to work it out. Ugh.

I'm sorry i don't want to be a workaholic this summer. (not really)

I had to go tough on her since she wasn't understanding. But really my sister tells me I am being far too gracious and said she is lucky to have me etc etc. I'll go w/ that.
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

That sucks.
"I want to shower you in sugar lumps and take you to the horse dentist."- CaptainWacky

Mirah

Post by Mirah »

Yeah. I'm happy to be back w/ the boat now.

It is 9:45 and my phone is beeping at me. I am sure it is her. I'm not looking!
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

Bothering you that late is messed up.

Mirah

Post by Mirah »

Yeah.
She told me I could be done now.
Cool!

So now I have 1 job.
One.
Just one.

And I am sooooo good with that.
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

:yes:

Mirah

Post by Mirah »

the owner of the theater called me and asked if i could cover a shift tonight and i said yes because i am a dumb ass, but i am not covering anymore shifts i swear! and this is the first time i will be seeing that crazy manager that yelled at me. i wonder what he will say because i am a dumb ass.
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

I went
he didn't mention that incident at all.
I worked a total of one hour and 45 minutes, stuffed my face with popcorn and saw some of the beginning of the movie.
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Post by Eggs Loki »

Not bad, It beats digging ditches, as lots of old white men in my life used to say.
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

It was worth it. Got paid $50 for my time. That was nice.

I am having bad attitude right now.
My schedule keeps changing recnently due to one of the boats having a mechanical issue-and parts not being readily available. So I got told I would be on the short shift in the office tomorrow. I know that the other boat does not have a galley person. Everyone keeps asking who is in the galley on that boat tomorrow.
Usuallly we get a full schedule where we can see everyone's shifts and all of the coverage. This week I just got a verbal schedule. So I don't know.

I am dreading going in tomorrow-prepared to work in the office for 2 hours and then get told to get on the boat.
I could either:
A. Be proactive and just ask-so I know
B. Be ready in case I do get asked-which is what I would normally do because that is how I roll
OR
C. I could totally be like, "I can't work in the galley today, look at my outfit, I have no lunch, its supposed to rain, I don't have the proper shoes.

I feel like making them suffer because I'm tired of being there ALL THE TIME! (except last week when I was sick of course-which is hugely abnormal for me)
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

Its shitty because I totally need the hours. I'll prepare myself to be on the boat. SHEESH!