WORK WORK WORK OWRK OWRK ORWKO RKOR WKW KRW Annex

Get Wacky!
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

Oh that is terrible. Is that just like 16 hours a week then? Or less?!
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

Something like that.
"I want to shower you in sugar lumps and take you to the horse dentist."- CaptainWacky

"If you see something, say nothing, and drink to forget."-Welcome to Night Vale
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

I'm sorry.

Today we were quite busy. I realized half way through my shift that I was just doing transactions and not offering digital, online options like I"m supposed to be doing, with everyone, every single time no matter if we are busy or slow.
Sure enough I went to call for an override and my service manager sneaks out from around the corner and says, "I can help you Mirah"
Oh shit, she had been listening to me for quite some time. She had 2 pages full of notes. Sheesh. I got out of listening to it today, but I'll hear about it this week I am sure.
It is fucking ridiculous.
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

Somebody has way too much time on their hands.
"I want to shower you in sugar lumps and take you to the horse dentist."- CaptainWacky

boydster

Post by boydster »

(this is directed at the people responsible for cutting hours)
boydster

Post by boydster »

Actually, upon seeing Mirah's post now too, it applies.
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

I would hate working in that place.

Mirah

Post by Mirah »

Someone on the east coast sent an email to the entire company wishing Molly a happy birthday.
The corporate people replying to everyone saying,"please quit hitting reply all and remove me from this list" is making me so happy. It is hilarious and will fuel me through the day.
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

heh

Mirah

Post by Mirah »

The email chain finally stopped. It was fun while it lasted. Many people wished Molly a happy birthday and I hope she had a great day! And isn't too embarresed!
If I ever need to go work on the east coast for this company (I won't) I will know who is "cool" and who isn't.
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

Getting my covid vaccine this morning.

Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Post by Eggs Loki »

UNENDING WORK UNENDING WORK UNENDING WORK UNENDING WORK UNENDING WORK UNENDING WORK UNENDING WORK UNENDING WORK UNENDING WORK UNENDING WORK UNENDING WORK UNENDING WORK UNENDING WORK UNENDING WORK UNENDING WORK UNENDING WORK UNENDING WORK UNENDING WORK UNENDING WORK UNENDING WORK UNENDING WORK UNENDING WORK peepee
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

I'm happy I have tomorrow off.

Mirah

Post by Mirah »

Yay! You get to watch the inauguration in real time.

Another fucked up moment at work today. I need to document it before I can even begin to talk about it without becoming too upset about it. Just goes to show that I really do need to find something different.

Basically what happened is my manager brought up something that happened probably a month ago on the day we went offline and had to do all transactions manually. I thought it was quite a fun day-but my manager brought up a moment when I got too upset-I got upset becuase she was stressing out and stressing me out!
WTF
SRSLY

And why can't women use stern voices and get away with it?!?! Seriously!
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

Mirah wrote: Our systems are down.
Processing transactions manually.
Which I find to be quite easy.

But the whole process laid out in the manuals is interesting.
OMG It was over a month ago! WTF
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

One thing I've done in the past to get through something like this is I just show up and play a part, or a character. Then I can deal with it easier in my head.
I can't really get away with that in a 6 person office, they'll pick up on it right away.
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Post by Eggs Loki »

Mirah wrote: Yay! You get to watch the inauguration in real time.

Another fucked up moment at work today. I need to document it before I can even begin to talk about it without becoming too upset about it. Just goes to show that I really do need to find something different.

Basically what happened is my manager brought up something that happened probably a month ago on the day we went offline and had to do all transactions manually. I thought it was quite a fun day-but my manager brought up a moment when I got too upset-I got upset becuase she was stressing out and stressing me out!
WTF
SRSLY

And why can't women use stern voices and get away with it?!?! Seriously!
Right? If a man does it he's a firm boss, if a woman does it she's a bitch!

Were you able to communicate to your boss that your stress was because of their stress? Or would they have taken it the wrong way?
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

She would have taken it the wrong way. I mean also, she waited so long to tell me anyway. Today I decided what I would say if it came up again and I felt at peace about it-but I will still document about it, just so I have it down. I do want to tell her that she adds to the stress also-but I mean I guess on that day I added to her stress.

People seem super sensitive nowadays too! I don't even do sarcasm anymore at work-unless its me telling a story, but in responses-nope! People can't take that anymore either. But its okay because it has taught me to train myself to speak a different way, I don't mind learning something new really. It just blows my mind tho sometimes.
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

Oh-also-she was the only other one that wore pearls today. So there is 1 plus for her!!!! And she melted at my outfit.....so there is that..........maybe I should document that also?! MAYBE!!!!!
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

The bank I work at got broken into last night. The branch is currently closed and we are on stand by. So I have made breakfast, paid bills and now I am folding laundry.

Not gonna lie tho-it is a little scary thinking about going back into work-wondering if they will come back during the day. : (

I went and got coffee this morning and drove by the branch and I couldn't see any broken windows. Not sure of any details at the moment.