Fight or Flight

Get Wacky!
Mirah

Fight or Flight

Post by Mirah »

I've never been a fan of this term as I could never really figure out which type I am or what sort of situations I would use this as an example until today. I walked in to my office and saw something and my first reaction was "I could make it better" and my 2nd reaction was "Or I could just run away" and then it dawned on me, "Ahh I am a flight" type of person. Rarely do I fight.

I always assumed it had to be some sort of animal attack sitution (or human) I never applied to everyday life.

Do I stay and fight and try to make it all right or do I just run away to something else? I don't have the energy to stay and fight after a year-maybe I have been fighting for a year and now it is time to go. So in my head today I was thinking that maybe after this summer I would be done with this place. (at least the corporate bs part anyway)
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Fight or Flight

Post by Eggs Loki »

Is the new manager determined to make you feel miserable there? :cry:
Mirah

Fight or Flight

Post by Mirah »

He is very corporate minded, he runs meetings while coughing up a lung. The system is broken and I don't have it in me to try to "fix" it. I mean if only I could remain in my little bubble here and not deal with things from corporate.
I really do need a helper- that is the other issue.
Mirah

Fight or Flight

Post by Mirah »

Apparently I missed all of the new fight or flight terms:

now "freeze" and "fawn" have been added. Why not just add FUCK too?! That would make sense to me. How about the "fuck it all!" response. or "Fuck everything and run" response. (F.E.A.R)
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Fight or Flight

Post by Eggs Loki »

These kids today it's like they have their own language