Emergency TK Wacky content thread (top tens, Star Trek reviews)

Get Wacky!
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

For posts to be posted on TK when it returns.

Top ten for 5/11/2020

1) Michelle Trachtenberg - Have I gone back to thinking Michelle Trachtenberg is the best girl. Is this the final 2020 twist.
2) Kiernan Shipka - Obviously still rabidly pro Shipka.
3) Gillian Jacobs - It's good that Gilly is back.
4) Natalie Portman - Still lots of great Natalie coming.
5) Elle Fanning - Her bum voted!
6) Anya Taylor-Joy - She's a great one to watch.
7) Lauren Tsai - Her face is top level.
8) Margot Robbie - Permanently in the top ten now and it feels good.
9) Dove Cameron - Can't get enough of that wonderful Dove.
10) Karen Gillan - The best Scottish girl.
11) Pom Klementieff
12) Larsen Thompson
13) Katherine McNamara
14) Millie Bobby Brown
15) Dakota Fanning
16) Hailee Steinfeld
17) Olivia Wilde
18) Zendaya
19) Danielle Panabaker
20) Anne Hathaway
21) Ariel Winter
22) Nicole Kang
23) Anna Hopkins
24) Charlotte Hope
25) Abigail Breslin
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

Affliction - Some Klingons strap another Klingon to a chair and inject him with something that makes his forehead go funny. The Enterprise is back at Earth for the launch of Colombia and to say goodbye to Trip. T'Pol asks him if he's leaving because of her and she says no. Hoshi and Phlox are visiting Earth when some aliens kidnap him (Hoshi does kung fu because she mentioned she knows it a couple of episodes ago!) An investigator wonders if the racist from the bar earlier in the season did this and Reed scoffs at her. Trip tells off Seth McFarlane who is an engineer on Colombia. Captain Hermandez tells him to update the Enterprise patch on his uniform to a Colombia one. Archer suggests that T'Pol use a mind meld to help Hoshi remember details of Phlox's kidnapping and says he can "walk her through it" since he knows more about mind melds than her thanks to Surak. Reed does his own investigation but a mysterious man in black asks to meet him. T'Pol helps Hoshi remember that the kidnappers spock Rigellian. Reed meets the man in black (Reed mentions his "Section" WHAT COULD THIS MEAN) who says he has a job for him. Phlox is taken to the Klingons and assigned to work with a Doctor Antaak. (There's also a Klingon general played by Uncle Phil so that's nice.) Antaak explains that a virus threatens to wipe out the Klingons and only Phlox can help. They couldn't just ask him because Klingons are dumb. Hermandez and Trip have dinner and she wonders why he's on her ship. T'Pol and Trip have a weird shared dream. It's a bit stupid.

Enterprise finds that all the Rigellians on the ship that kidnapped Phlox are dead. Reed lies that he can't tell who did it. Phlox is brought a Klingon dying with the virus to study and is disgusted when a Klingon kills him. Reed contacts his Section 31 boss and wants to know why the Klingons killed all those Rigellians. He wants to explain everything to Archer but Section 31 guy says that's dumb. Reed says "I'm being comprimed and I don't like it!" His acting is not great. Klingons attack and board the Enterprise. Klingons...with smooth foreheads. They infect the Enterprise with a virus and shoots some people and MACOs. Enterprise captures a prisoner and everyone's shocked that he's a Klingon with that forehead. Phlox discovers that there's augment DNA in the virus. The Klingons reveal that they were experimenting with augment DNA (captured earlier in the season) to create Klingon supermen. Somehow the augment DNA made the cranial ridges of infected Klingons disolve. Seems unlikely! Hoshi reveals she's having sex dreams about Trip after mind melding with T'Pol. Archer discovers that Reed erased the Rigellian black box and made it look like Orions destroyed the ship instead of Klingons. Archer has Reed sent to the Brig. Archer visits him and Reed says he has obligations that go beyond this ship. Archer tries to guilt him by bringing up his Royal Navy father, but that guy was an asshole. Phlox is making slow progress on the virus and Uncle Phil gives him five days. Antaak thinks they can stabalise the virus and creat Klingon augments. The Colombia launches. Reed talks to the Klingon prisoner, who says Reed is lucky his Captain didn't execute him. Enterprise goes to warp but the computer virus the Klingons infected them with (doesn't seem very Klingon?) threatens to blow up the warp core and kill everyone a lot.

It's part one of two so maybe it's not fair to judge, but I don't think this one is as good as the opening episodes on the other arcs this season. There's lots of stuff going on with Klingons and their foreheads, fucking Trip and T'Pol, and Section 31, but is any of it super compelling? I mean it's all okay. It just didn't make me excited. I also have to point out again that I hate the Trip/T'Pol story? I don't remember hating it first time out but man it's boring. Why does he have to leave the ship? Why didn't they just get together after her divorce (something about her wanting time to read her bible?) I just don't care. Episode watchable.

SCORE: 7/10

Divergence - Colombia is headed to meet the Enterprise so Trip can save them from blowing up. They need to get Trip from one ship to the other at warp and Archer needs Reed's help. Enterprise and Colombia "merge their warp fields" which invovles Colombia flying upside down beneath them. Yes, it's sexual. The ships are tethered together and Trip climbs the tether (at warp) to get to the Enterprise. This feels like the kind of thing you'd see in a J.J. movie. It's a bit silly and probably doesn't make sense but it's entertaining. And it eats up ten minutes of the episode. Trip does something magic to stop the Enterprise exploding. This takes up more time. Uncle Philx tortures Phlox to get him to create augments. Antaak is nicer to him and helps Phlox come up with a way to cure the afflicted (leaving them with smooth foreheads) without turning them into augments. Archer yells at Reed for meeting with Harris (the Section 31 guy) and again I don't find Scott Bakula or Dominic Keating very convincing here. Antaak tells Phlox how his father disowned him for becoming a healer. Smooth heads tell Uncle Phil that Archer killed his son. The High Council are going to blow up the infected colony if Phlox can't cure the virus in three days. He keeps yelling at Phlox and stuff.

Reed asks the Klingon prisoner (Phil's son) if he ever questions how stupid Klingon society is. A smooth head lady asks Uncle Phil how they can ever go home with smooth heads and says she's been feeling human emotions. Archer gets through to Harries who tells him not to interfere before Phlox finishes what he's doing. Phlox has four cures, three are deadly, one will work. Uncle Phil wants him to infect four Klingons to find out which works. Reed tells Archer that Harris told him they needed Phlox to cure the Klingons. Archer's found out about the human DNA in the virus and doesn't trust S31. Reed tells him where he thinks Phlox is. Uncle Phil and Antaak let themselves be injected with one of the cures. Antaak has one of the deadly ones. Harris talks to his Klingon ally who reveals he's just going to destroy Enterprise and Colombia and ignore their deal (whatever the fuck their deal was?) Wow, Section 31 are terrible. Archer arrives to rescue Phlox but he wants to cure everyone first. Phlox shows his cure to the bad Klingon but he's still going to kill everyone roar. Enterprise and Colombia fight some Klingons. Phlox tells Archer he could complee the cure earlier if he had a human host to work with so Archer sits in the famous chair. Archer gets injected and starts growing forehead ridges. Yeah. I'm pretty sure you can't just grow new bones in your forehead that fast. Phlox sends the cure to the bad Klingons but also infects them with the virus so the bad Klingons have to stop attacking while Phlox cures them. Antaak is cure back on Enterprise but left as a smooth head. Millions more Klingons will look like that and pass it on to their children. Until Discovery where they'll all look like Orcs. Harris calls Reed and says everything went according to plan. Did it? I believed that on DS9 but not here.

Remember when Worf said "We do not discuss it with outsiders!" That was good. It was a funny line and a nice way to get viewers to stop asking when Klingons looked different in TOS. It's not a question that needs answered, since we know the answer is "because the make-up wasn't as good in the sixties." This two parter tries to answer that question that doesn't need answered and ends up feeling a bit pointless and silly. The Vulcan three parter managed to tell a story that was compelling in its own right, while also being full of nice continuity references and new details on Vulcan society. This one tells a story that's just decent at best. There's some good stuff here, I kind of liked the tether bit at the start even though it seemed to exist to fill up screentime. Uncle Phil and Antaak were reasonable Klingons who got some decent character moments. The Section 31 stuff is bad though! What was the point of it? What were they even trying to do? It felt like they were just included because people liked them in DS9. At least the episode takes care to never have Archer learn their name and doesn't just have Section 31 openly standing around on the ship and flying their own fleet of starships or something. Imagine a prequel that did that!

SCORE: 6/10
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

Top Ten for 29/7/2021

1) Hailee Steinfeld - In a highly competitive week, I had to decide where my loyalties lie: Hailee Steinfeld is the best girl and it feels good to say it.
2) Kiernan Shipka - I also highly appreciate Kiki!
3) Felicity Jones - A beautiful return.
4) Abigail Breslin - We are once again living in a time of frequenst Abigail Breslin event pics.
5) Lily Allen - She's a top level girl.
6) Elle Fanning - Cuter than your nose.
7) Kaitlyn Dever - Continuing to enjoy thinking about her.
8) Gillian Jacobs - See above.
9) Adeline Rudolph - Telling you now, she's highly one to watch and one day you'll understand.
10) Anya Taylor-Joy - Good at bowling.
11) Karen Gillan
12) Bailee Madison
13) Reina Hardesty
14) Brie Larson
15) Meagan Tandy
16) Emily Kinney
17) Phoebe Tonkin
18) Yvette Monreal
19) Nicole Maines
20) Angourie Rice
21) Freema Agyeman
22) Emilia Clarke
23) Lauren Tsai
24) Tiya Sircar
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

Top Ten for 7/7/2022

1) Millie Bobby Brown - The MBB Singularity is here. May it consume us all.
2) Natalie Portman - It's been a great time to be a Portfan (fan of Natalie Portman.)
3) Inde Navarrette - Really really really fast rising new star for 2022!
4) Thomasin McKenzie - So Niceasin McKutesie.
5) Hayley Atwell - Hayley's still doing well.
6) Karen Gillan - Karen Gilltime has continued.
7) Laura Harrier - She's great.
8) Ritu Arya - She continues to deserve high level recognition.
9) Pom Klementeiff - There's been a lot of her lately and I have taken note!
10) Margot Robbie - Margood Hottie continues to be highly lked by me.
11) Dafne Keen
12) Anya Taylor-Joy
13) Tessa Thompson
14) Sydney Sweeney
15) Talulah Riley
16) Sadie Sink
17) Milana Vayntrub
18) Saki Kashima
19) Evan Rachel Wood
20) Jessica Henwick
21) Zazie Beetz
22) Natsupoi
23) Elle Fanning
24) Kaitlyn Dever
25) Jessica Parker Kennedy
26) Natalia Dyer
27) Maya Hawke
28) Kristine Ko
29) Brie Larson
30) Asuka
31) Selena Gomez
32) Adelaide Kane
33) Kate Beckinsale
34) Olivia Rodrigo
35) Kayla Compton

EXTRA LONG LIST SPECIAL JUST FOR TLBBS.
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

Imagine what will happen when Natalie plays Millie's mother in a movie...
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

Top Ten for Sunday 14/4/2024

1) Kiernan Shipka - I can't deny what my heart is telling me. Kiernan Shipka is who I love the most.
2) Dafne Keen - She's Daftacular.
3) Zendaya - Has been incredible lately.
4) Emma Roberts - It's great how great she is again.
5) Ella Purnell - I already liked her long before Fallout but I guess it's nice everyone else is catching up!
6) Rachel Zegler - It's still great about her bum.
7) Dakota Blue Richards - It's always good to see her and, this week, it was great.
8) Laura Harrier - It's hard to deny that she's one of the best girls.
9) Olivia Wilde - It's hard to deny that I'm starting too many comments with "it's'" this week but she's great.
10) Grace Caroline Currey - Belongs in the top ten.
11) Thomasin McKenzie
12) Gillian Jacobs
13) Adria Arjona
14) Ivana Baquero
15) Xochitl Gomez
16) Bailee Madison
17) Brie Larson
18) Natalie Portman
19) Maisie Williams
20) Margot Robbie
21) Sydney Sweeney
22) Hailee Steinfeld
23) Varada Sethu
24) Jenna Ortega
25) Millie Gibson
26) Alison Brie
27) Anya Taylor-Joy
28) Pom Klementieff
29) Emerald Chan
30) Anita Rani
31) Sadie Sink
32) Joey King

EXTRA LONG TLBBS SPECIAL
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

Well, this is actually her lowest rating in a while. Over on TK she's had several number one ratings. But there's been a lot of pics of other people lately that have pushed her down.
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Post by Eggs Loki »

I figured there were extenuating circumstances. It was hard for me to comprehend someone with their own thread being so low down but I didn't know she was quiet on media this week CARRY ON YEARNING GOOD SIR
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Post by Eggs Loki »

ALSO I GUESS MY 'SIX DEGREES OF NATALIE' BOMBSHELL WASN'T ENOUGH TO GIVE HER A BOOST EH? EH? EH? lol
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

18th is high by my standards.