WORK WORK WORK OWRK OWRK ORWKO RKOR WKW KRW Annex

Get Wacky!
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

I'm sitting here and I'm like, "^%&%*^$&%^$&%^ I hate corporate mentality! I hate it soo sooo much"

So I looked it up. I looked up "Why does the corporate mentality bother me so much?" and I didn't find an answer, but I did find some tips. And believe it or not a few of them actually work for me. Like making my boss look good and my boss's boss look good.
Honestly I don't care about any of these things, but at least it gives me an idea of what I could be doing better-and it might make my job easier if I do these things. I am consistent and reliable and I admit mistakes right away. I am not always a solution finder, I tend to complain rather than offer a solution.

I guess I'll get to work then.

Build strong relationships. ...
Develop multiple skills. ...
Be more than willing. ...
Make your boss look good. ...
Be proactive. ...
Make your boss's boss look good. ...
Be relentlessly reliable. ...
Be consistently collaborative
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

Actually
True story
Today I showed up just at opening. Which is really really late! I have it so good, I have no room to complain really. (But I do!)

I get here early all the time, not today. Today it I am moving like molasses.

My biggest complaint is not knowing how to do the job and not having the tools I need in order to do the job and in order to get the tools I spend my own $ and hope to get reimbursed.
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

"I want to shower you in sugar lumps and take you to the horse dentist."- CaptainWacky

"If you see something, say nothing, and drink to forget."-Welcome to Night Vale
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

Planned power outage tomorrow for most of the day, and the entire time the post office is open. I write to my boss to ask what the protocol is in a situation like this and he says that i still have to process the mail and do scans. I reminded him that there is no mail on Thursdays (and Tuesdays)

I hope to God that he does not expect me to be here in the dark, with a headlamp and no heat.

I'm going to play hookey, take my scanner with me and scan from my phone.
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

I just saw a mouse carrying a piece from an old broom in the backroom. It was so cute. Soo soo cute. I hate putting out the traps for them. I set the live trap in front of the door (and a zap trap) i hope it makes it into the live trap!
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

The mouse is stealing from THE GOVERNMENT!
"I want to shower you in sugar lumps and take you to the horse dentist."- CaptainWacky

Mirah

Post by Mirah »

I take it back, its not cute. It chewed a hole to a hiker box, it was a piece of pasta.
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

You should shoot it.

Mirah

Post by Mirah »

I'm crying because I don't know how to use the snow blower and I don't know how I am going to get the mail today.
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

I did finally. LOL after sitting in my pride. The maintenance person is out of town but available by text and I texted him and he sent someone else over to help me. AND in the mean time I looked online on how to operate the dang thing and found a really really good video.
So we got it going and threw some snow!
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

Hazza!

Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Post by Eggs Loki »

UGH I ONLY HAVE TO WORK 3 DAYS THIS WEEK BUT THEY WILL KILL ME IN THAT AMOUNT OF TIME AUUUGGGGGGHHH SO MANY DETAILS BEFORE WE BREAK FOR THE HOLIDAY AIEEEEEEEEEEEER:aslf;LK;kjfg;jfg;laksdfj
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

I have to admit something here

Got up this morning, saw the snow, wondered if the neighbor was going to snow plow like he did last time, seemed it would be a regular thing, it wasn't happening and i was thinking I was going to have to walk in so I just started doing chores-that is why all of my dishes got done, I even took a quick shower even tho I had one last night and I just got ready for work w/out looking at the time. I shoveled off my car, etc etc, prepared to see if I could drive it out or not. When I went inside the house and looked at the time it was almost 10 AM (9:40) on any regular day it would take me 5-10 minutes to get to work. I knew that wasn't the case today so I humbly texted my boss and told him I would be late.
He of course doesn't live here and doesn't know anything that is going on-except that this side of the state was going to get hit w/ blizzard like conditions.
He asked if everything was okay (surprise surprise) and I said the following, "Yeah, I was snow shoveling and lost track of time"
Not a complete lie....but really I was hoping they would plow my side road!
I was actually able to drive through the 10 inches of fallen snow and make it to the main plowed road-I just had to shovel out a berm (is that the right word) that the plow had created, so it took me about 1/2 hour to get to work. Okay it took me 45 minutes because I stopped and took pictures!

Also-it is a non-boat non mail day so I can go through a Tue or a Thur w/out seeing one person.

Sorry for long post.
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

I'm not in as good of shape as in the summer. Especially since Tue and Thur are no mail days, I end up sitting around too much.
But chopping wood and moving it from the shed to the porch helps
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

Mirah wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:00 pm Image
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

I had a phone interview recently and have an in person one next week (same job).