Award Shows

TV, film, print, theater/performing arts, and that mime in the park
Mirah

Award Shows

Post by Mirah »

As everyone knows I dont' have live TV
So I wait until the show comes out on Hulu to watch and I'm watching the Oscars tonight.

At first I was like, "Do I need to tho?"
And then I saw it on Hulu and really couldn't resist, because comedians. More so...female comedians as hosts. YES.

I really enjoyed Beyonce's opener. WOW! That was awesome. I was sad I didn't hear more about that performance.

Then out walks Amy Schumer, Wanda Sykes and Regina Hall. At first I thought, It could have just been Reina and Wanda, but then Amy did her monologue and I was in love.

Now out walks the girl in the yellow cape and man in aqua jacket and I already ate my bowl of ice cream. I probably won't comment on anything else unless it is significant. I regret that I probably won't be able to see CODA for a while. I need to see Belfast, it was playing at that theater I worked at and I didn't go see it. But I will. And I am interested in seeing King Richard, I will see it eventually also.

I love the dresses, the jewelry the make up and the styles.
Mirah

Award Shows

Post by Mirah »

I enjoyed Regina Allens Covid tests bit. And I'm glad Rachel Zegler got to attend the Oscars. Tho honestly I don't know her, but I thought it was a cool story.
Mirah

Award Shows

Post by Mirah »

OMG 60 years of Bond. COOL.
Little unknown fact, I have several of the bond books somehow-I think from someone I used to work with.
Mirah

Award Shows

Post by Mirah »

The performance by Sebastian Yatra was beautiful.
Mirah

Award Shows

Post by Mirah »

This was a touching point when Youn Yuh-jung admits to being upset about her name being mis pronounced last year and now having to read names and ask forgiveness, to her signing the winnter Troy Kotsu and then holding his statue for him while he signed. Some might be annoyed by it, but I found it really sweet as she watched him give his speech. Sad to hear about his father.

Mirah

Award Shows

Post by Mirah »

Reba
I will always love her.

(Got to see her live from back stage when I was on stage crew once. I will never forget that experience.)
Mirah

Award Shows

Post by Mirah »

Now I want to see some of these films just based on the costume nominations.
Mirah

Award Shows

Post by Mirah »

I'm tired. I'm going to sleep. Goodnight.
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Award Shows

Post by Eggs Loki »

Did you fall asleep before Will Smith got up on stage and smacked Chris Rock for making a joke about his wife?

It made such big news, the media stopped covering the Ukraine for a minute.
Cassie

Award Shows

Post by Cassie »

Buzzfeed kills me. They cranked out a bunch of slappy articles, and then the last one I saw was about how racist it is to not understand Black anger. I was like, motherfuckers... you have kept this shit stirred up all day, with twitter's help (the company, because they kept putting the articles in the "what's happening" thing), and now you're pretending you're not the racists? lol
Mirah

Award Shows

Post by Mirah »

Eggs Loki wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:49 am Did you fall asleep before Will Smith got up on stage and smacked Chris Rock for making a joke about his wife?

It made such big news, the media stopped covering the Ukraine for a minute.
I had seen it all over twitter. I did continue for a while after I made that post, that is why I posted I was going to sleep because I knew what was coming! :D It is strange, I felt differently about it after watching the show from the start,
I have to finish the rest because I want to see Lady Gaga and Liza Minelli.
Mirah

Award Shows

Post by Mirah »

Cassie wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:07 am Buzzfeed kills me. They cranked out a bunch of slappy articles, and then the last one I saw was about how racist it is to not understand Black anger. I was like, motherfuckers... you have kept this shit stirred up all day, with twitter's help (the company, because they kept putting the articles in the "what's happening" thing), and now you're pretending you're not the racists? lol
I was annoyed because artilces showed a different viewpoint of the slap-as in dif camera angle and I thtought there might be other views of it, but it was just pictures, not an actual video.
It is interesting to see/hear people's takes on it and who they support. I mean Chris made a joke as comedians do, was it in low taste? Yeah? Would I get permission prior to doing a joke like that? Yeah, totally. Will's reaction tho was uncalled for. It was all so wierd, but it seems they can all just talk it out, which seems good. I don't know if it is neccesary for Chris to press charges even tho he can. He handled it well.
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Award Shows

Post by Eggs Loki »

For me, there is no racial angle to this. It's about violence invading yet another area where people used to be able to have an expectation that there would be no violence. There are so few of those left. And I can understand how the slap, followed by Will's tearful semi-apology when he picked up his Oscar (ugh) was truly triggering to victims of abuse. It was a painful reminder of the pattern of behavior -- toxic man smacks you, then cries and acts ashamed, but ends up trying to be seen as the victim and never changes his behavior. Well, fuck that and fuck Will Smith.

But you really do need to watch the end with Lady Gaga and Liza Minnelli. It was so sweet! :heart:
Mirah

Award Shows

Post by Mirah »

Yes true. I find it odd that my first reaction when watching the video was w/out hearing what Will was saying was, "Cool a slap!" But then when I saw the unedited version and understood that none of it was scrpted I felt differently. Admitedly there are times I wish I could slap the shit out of someone, but would I ever do it? No.

Billie Elish was closer to my sister this week than I was! She was doing a show in Seattle where my sister works (at the venue) just the day before the award show.

Watching the rest of the show now, but also eating dinner and dessert and probably won't post unless something stands out.
Mirah

Award Shows

Post by Mirah »

I'm fast forwarding his speech. I don't want to hear it. But now I want to see the othe rmovies. And I"m sad that the Ricardos didn't win more.
CaptainWacky

Award Shows

Post by CaptainWacky »

Billie Eilish is cute.