Oscars

TV, film, print, theater/performing arts, and that mime in the park
Mirah

Oscars

Post by Mirah »

I thought there was already an award show this year. These things always confuse me.
Dr Dave

Oscars

Post by Dr Dave »

I dislike award shows, so I didn't watch it.
"I want to shower you in sugar lumps and take you to the horse dentist."- CaptainWacky

"If you see something, say nothing, and drink to forget."-Welcome to Night Vale
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by Eggs Loki »

There are many film awards shows crammed into the first 2 months of the year. But the Oscars are the last/biggest one.

Good news: Rami Malek Best Actor, Olivia Coleman Best Actress, Regina Kind Supporting Actor, Lady Gaga Best Song, Spike Lee winning anything.

Bad news: Safe, outdated "Driving Miss Daisy" retread wins Best Picture instead of any of the other, better films.
CaptainWacky

Oscars

Post by CaptainWacky »

So Black Panther actually would have been a better winner.
Mirah

Oscars

Post by Mirah »

I feel so blind when I read about why people didn't like Green Book, I had no idea. Saw the film and I liked it, and now hear what everyone is saying and I get it.
I need to see BlacKkKlansman and If Beale Street could talk now.

Also good news Period. End of Sentence winning. Just watched that last night.
This is the first time in a long time that I have actually seen this many movies from the list. Of course it is easier now with netflix.
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by Eggs Loki »

Ironically, Netflix is why Roma didn't win Best Picture. Some Academy members resented the fact that the film debuted on Netflix and in theaters at the same time, so they deliberately didn't vote for it in order to discourage other studios from trying this, since it might quicken the slow death of movie theaters.

POLITICS AND MONEY RUIN EVERYTHING! Also technology, but shhhh I make a nice living from it.
Cassie

Oscars

Post by Cassie »

They want to blame Netflix for killing theaters, but poor people can't afford popcorn :rwmad:
Mirah

Oscars

Post by Mirah »

Well damnit.
Dr Dave

Oscars

Post by Dr Dave »

Cassie wrote: They want to blame Netflix for killing theaters, but poor people can't afford popcorn :rwmad:
You practically have to take out a second mortgage on your house to go see a movie these days.
"I want to shower you in sugar lumps and take you to the horse dentist."- CaptainWacky

"If you see something, say nothing, and drink to forget."-Welcome to Night Vale
Mirah

Oscars

Post by Mirah »

Mirah wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:02 am I feel so blind when I read about why people didn't like Green Book, I had no idea. Saw the film and I liked it, and now hear what everyone is saying and I get it.
I need to see BlacKkKlansman and If Beale Street could talk now.

Also good news Period. End of Sentence winning. Just watched that last night.
This is the first time in a long time that I have actually seen this many movies from the list. Of course it is easier now with netflix.
I feel so blind when I can't see I already had an Oscar thread. WTF. OMG. FUCKING A!