Wynonna Earp

TV, film, print, theater/performing arts, and that mime in the park
Cassie

Wynonna Earp

Post by Cassie »

I FINALLY WATCHED IT.

Maybe the sheriff is more than he seems.
CaptainWacky

Wynonna Earp

Post by CaptainWacky »

LIKE EVERYONE. :rwmad:
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Wynonna Earp

Post by Eggs Loki »

‘Wynonna Earp’ Future In Limbo As Season 4 Production Is Delayed By IDW (with Update)

by Nellie Andreeva • tip
February 22, 2019 12:05pm

One of Syfy’s series with most devoted following, Wynonna Earp, appears to be in danger despite the July announcement at Comic-Con that it has been renewed by the NBCU cable network for a fourth season.

The series’ fandom was whipped into a frenzy over the last 24-hours after Melanie Scrofano, who plays the title role, replied to a fan question on Twitter that the show was not filming at the moment and they had not been a reason why, indicating that Wynonna Earp should’ve been in production.

Meanwhile, in a since-deleted tweet from Wynonna Earp exec producer/showrunner Emily Andras, sited by comicbook.com, she asked fans if they were ready to fight for the show before tweeting, “don’t f–k with my family.” As a result, Wynonna Earp started trending worldwide with the battle cry #FightForWynonna.

The attention initially focused on Syfy, which was quick to express its full support for the series.“Syfy ordered Season 4 of Wynonna Earp from IDW and is completely committed to the series. This has not changed,” the network said in a statement, declining further comment.

For Syfy, Wynonna Earp is an acquired series and the network has no control over it. The drama comes from IDW Entertainment, which also has sold it to a number of other networks, including Space in Canada, in addition to an SVOD deal with Netflix.

I hear IDW Entertainment has indicated that it is experiencing financial difficulties, running a deficit, and cannot proceed with production on a fourth season at this time.

Syfy has been very high on the series, which recently won a People’s Choice Awards, and, as spotted in IDW financial statements, I hear the network had quietly renewed the show not just for one but two more seasons — 4 and 5 — and IDW is contractually obligated to deliver them.

The situation appears pretty dire right now. We will continue to monitor the situation as fans have taken up to social media to rally their support for the show.

UPDATE: There appears that there is some hope on the way, with IDW expressing commitment to the property but it is still unclear whether its TV series adaptation will live or the Wynonna story would be continued in a different form.

“IDW is committed to continuing to tell the Wynonna Earp story,” the company said in a statement in response to Deadline’s story. “Much like the fans, we are passionate about not only the series, but the comics, the characters and the overall message that the Wynonna Earp franchise carries. We are in the process of working out the details for how the Wynonna story will continue and will share new details very soon.”

Adapted from the IDW Publishing comic book created by Beau Smith, the series follows Wyatt Earp’s great-granddaughter (Scrofano) as she battles demons and other supernatural beings and uses her unique abilities and a dysfunctional posse of allies to bring the paranormal to justice.

In Season 3, reckless and reluctant warrior hero Wynonna (Scrofano) will lead her team of outmatched outsiders to face monsters, revenants, and their biggest fears as they fight to take down Bulshar before he destroys the Ghost River Triangle – and the world.

Andras developed the series for television and serves as executive producer and showrunner. Since premiering in 2016, the show has amassed a devoted LGBTQ following for its positive and inclusive representation.
CaptainWacky

Wynonna Earp

Post by CaptainWacky »

LOL nobody wants to read the comic so if they think they can win he fans over with "don't worry, the comic's still going!" they're mistaken...
Cassie

Wynonna Earp

Post by Cassie »

The fans are ready to march in the streets.
CaptainWacky

Wynonna Earp

Post by CaptainWacky »

I'm bumping myself to watch this SOMETIME but I've already started watching Umbrella Academy so it could be a few days and maybe there will be two episodes by then OKAY.
Cassie

Wynonna Earp

Post by Cassie »

OKAY. I will try to watch this tonight, and then start Umbrella Academy because then I'll have a whole week of nothing to watch.
Cassie

Wynonna Earp

Post by Cassie »

I watched it, it was good!
CaptainWacky

Wynonna Earp

Post by CaptainWacky »

I watched the first TWO episodes. It seems new episodes air on Sunday wich means we watch it Monday, OKAY. The recap at te start wasn't long enough as I couldn't remember things like why Nicole was on a train and who the woman with the cards was. The second episode was PRETTY RACY but I'll say more when you've seen it.

Wynonna (the character) gets goofier every season and now literally can't speak without saying "sex lol 69" every sentence. But it's for the fans!
CaptainWacky

Wynonna Earp

Post by CaptainWacky »

COCK HOLLIDAY.
Cassie

Wynonna Earp

Post by Cassie »

I have now seen the first two episodes, I'll watch the third one tomorrow.

Super racy scissoring!
CaptainWacky

Wynonna Earp

Post by CaptainWacky »

I guess what you can show on SyFy has changed over the years. :eek:
Cassie

Wynonna Earp

Post by Cassie »

I AM CAUGHT UP!

That was a weird one, but I'm glad they found Nedley.
CaptainWacky

Wynonna Earp

Post by CaptainWacky »

It's weird how the whole town thought putting that crazy woman in charge was a good idea.
Cassie

Wynonna Earp

Post by Cassie »

Are the sheriff and the crazy woman demons, too? Did the demons lose their power when they broke the curse?
CaptainWacky

Wynonna Earp

Post by CaptainWacky »

I DONT KNOW ANYTHING.
CaptainWacky

Wynonna Earp

Post by CaptainWacky »

The new evil woman is really evil and mean! :rwmad:

They should have done more to try to save the kid.

CASSIE, I watched a movie (Ready Or Not) and Wynonna's actress was in it and I didn't even think about it being her because she was evil in it so maybe she is a good actress afterall
Cassie

Wynonna Earp

Post by Cassie »

Oh, Ma'am really is mean! Maybe the kid isn't dead yet, or turned into a reaper or whatever.
CaptainWacky

Wynonna Earp

Post by CaptainWacky »

I actually looked up if that was real video footage of Wyatt Earp lol (I knew it wasn't really.)
Cassie

Wynonna Earp

Post by Cassie »

I hope they can cure Haught of the frog breath. Also, I don't remember Rosita. Imean, I kinda remember her, but I don't remember anything about her.