Mirah

Math

Post by Mirah »

There are 2,700 apples total
I currently have 10% of them (270)

I will recieve the rest in the next 2 months

How do I figure that out?

2700-270=2,430
divide 2,430 by 2 thats 1,215 if there are 31 days each month, how many is that a day?
And then actually I could make it more specific since I won't include sundays
July is 25 days
August is 27 days

1,215 / by 25 is 48.6
1215/ by 27 is 45

Okay, so I may process around 45 apples a day, on top of the 25 oranges I process. Got it. I can do this.
Mirah

Math

Post by Mirah »

AND THEN as the apples come in, they also depart.
So far I've recieved 270, I'm wrong, it was actully 280 as of today, but anyways, the exact # doesnt matter. Exactly half of the apples have left with apple consumers. So I only have 140 apples in house.

I wonder what the average for apples leavin the facility are in one day. I haven't figured that out yet. I should email myself the spreadsheet at the end of each day so that I have a record and in case anything should happen with it.

Also ONE BASTARD sent himself 9 APPLES! 9! There must be an average here. Usually it is just 1, some send 2 or 4 apples to themselves. Some eat half the apple and then send it on down the road! Or some don't eat it at all, they just look at it and send it away.
Mirah

Math

Post by Mirah »

I would say on average 12 come to pick up thier apples a day.
Mirah

Math

Post by Mirah »

So, all of this fake math is running around in my head and fake statistics, just for the fun of it and then some asshole comes up and asks, "What percentage of apples are you processing verses oranges?"
Fucker
I haven't done that math yet. and instead of coming up with some kind of quick fake answer I start talking figures and #'s and possibilities and then I get angry at the guy for asking me such a question, and then angry at myself for not knowing the answer, and then angry for being angry at myself, becuase why should I be angry and then I say "fuck it"

And that is the best answer of them all.

Who the fuck goes in to a place and asks a math question? WHO? DO YOU DO IT?! DO YOU DR DAVE? DO YOU EGGS? CASSIE? CaPTAINWACKY/?! DO YOU?
Mirah

Math

Post by Mirah »

What percentage of coffee do you sell verses lattes?

What percentage of pepperoni pizzas do you sell verses cheese pizzas?
Mirah

Math

Post by Mirah »

What percentage of your vacation have you spent asking places these dumb questions?

(just kidding I totally don't think they are dumb, but they sort of are and I WISH I HAD THE ANSWER!!!!!)

So then I said a # and he acted like it was uninteresting and he could tell that I just made it up.
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Math

Post by Eggs Loki »

I never learned "new maths" so I only know olde math, and I got rid of it as early as I could in college...
Mirah

Math

Post by Mirah »

But the apples!

I should just make sauce. Or juice.
CaptainWacky

Math

Post by CaptainWacky »

What are you doing with these apples?
Mirah

Math

Post by Mirah »

It is actually the # of hiker resupply boxes I will process this year for the hikers doing the Pacific Crest Trail.
Mirah

Math

Post by Mirah »

Okay, there is more math to be done.

While I was gone for a week 175 boxes arrived, but only 45 left, so that means we had to start using the upstairs storage area. The shed is full, the 3 lockers are full. Everything is full.

I'm just kidding, I'm not going to do any math. Okay, I changed my mind.

So my coworker averaged 29.16 boxes a day last week.
Today I took in 48, the highest # yet. The highest was last monday when he had 44.

boxes, boxes, boxes, so many boxes.
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Math

Post by Eggs Loki »

if only they were LUNCH BOXES and you could eat sandwiches and Gogurts till you DROP!