Greek In

Science, Tech, and Gaming
Mirah

Greek In

Post by Mirah »

I had Greek inspired, or mediteranian inspired food last night, that I made at home, and my friend enjoyed. OMG It was more mediteranian than it was Greek. I had to look it up.
I made my own gf ptia bread, some cubed meat seasoned with spices and I made tziki sauce with yogurt.
There were olives and cucumbers involved.
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Greek In

Post by Eggs Loki »

I am in awe of people who take the time to cook food.
Mirah

Greek In

Post by Mirah »

Thanks! I will cook for you sometime then.

In the winter this town closes down, and I am housesitting 20 miles out of town. A friend of mine came over to visit and instead of drive 20 miles out of town, or try to meet there before she comes here it was just easier to cook. Pickings are slim-Pizza place, terriyaki place (when they are open) expensive place that i used to work at, or expensive italian place that I can't eat the pasta anyway.
Since I am not working full time I had plenty of time to prepare a meal. I enjoyed it much more after being in the village for 2 years, now I'm like, okay the novelty of cooking has worn off now.
CaptainWacky

Greek In

Post by CaptainWacky »

I had a pizza tonight.
Mirah

Greek In

Post by Mirah »

What kind of slice? I mean what would you put on it? Thick crust or thin crust or medium? Or Deep Dish? White sauce or red sauce?
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Greek In

Post by Eggs Loki »

I'm in New York, which answers all those other questions. ;)

I wanted eggplant on it but they were out so there were some tomato slices instead.

The only bad part was that it was undercooked so the cheese was sliding off. :rwmad:
Mirah

Greek In

Post by Mirah »

Mirah wrote: I had Greek inspired, or mediteranian inspired food last night, that I made at home, and my friend enjoyed. OMG It was more mediteranian than it was Greek. I had to look it up.
I made my own gf ptia bread, some cubed meat seasoned with spices and I made tziki sauce with yogurt.
There were olives and cucumbers involved.
WTF?! I made my own bread last year?! Who was that person?
I don't even have the motivation to do that now.
I mean I get that I was in a place for 2 1/2 years where I didn't cook and I was slightly underemployed during that time so I HAD more time-but I made my own pita bread?!
Mirah

Greek In

Post by Mirah »

I cannot imagine eggplant on a pizza!
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Greek In

Post by Eggs Loki »

It's usually cut into strips or squares, then breaded and fried as if it were part of a parmigiana or piccata entree. Then they are put on the pie.

I've had unbreaded eggplant on pizza too but it gets slimy, so I prefer it the cooked way. You get the flavor without the slimy.

Although I guess you could bread/fry almost anything that way and it would seem okay on a pizza. I'd like to try zucchini pizza some time...
Dr Dave

Greek In

Post by Dr Dave »

Olives are nice.
"I want to shower you in sugar lumps and take you to the horse dentist."- CaptainWacky

"If you see something, say nothing, and drink to forget."-Welcome to Night Vale
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Greek In

Post by Eggs Loki »

I hate olives, although I can deal with them on pizza if it's the only thing available -- if they are chopped up and not covering the slice.

I also hate onions on pizza. But most other common toppings are okay with me. If they aren't fishy.
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Greek In

Post by Eggs Loki »

I just had a couple of slices of sausage bread. It was good.
Mirah

Greek In

Post by Mirah »

Mmmmm
I could do zuchini on a pizza.
Dr Dave

Greek In

Post by Dr Dave »

Onions are your friend!
"I want to shower you in sugar lumps and take you to the horse dentist."- CaptainWacky

"If you see something, say nothing, and drink to forget."-Welcome to Night Vale
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Greek In

Post by Eggs Loki »

I only like them if they are diced real fine and mixed into the food so they don't feel acidy in my mouth, or if they are fried as onion rings.
Mirah

Greek In

Post by Mirah »

I need to figure out this bread thing

I made my fried rice from last night more proper by adding sesame oil and more veggies (and no tacos)

But I have to say I completely underestimated the Asian isle at the store-the only sesame oil I saw was in a 5 oz bottle. I thought there must be more, I was really surprised.